Question I'd like to know for what is the black 'n' white cable on SeaSonic PSUs

kanewolf

Titan
I'd like to know for what use exists the black and white cable on SeaSonic PSUs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CbjCNLZ3GAu1xM5EGoech0WpWhywCLw6/view?usp=drivesdk

PS.: If the first link don't work, try this:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CZ2X1psmjv6cS3wLaRy7v8Sm9sTjLq1j

If even this link don't work, copy and paste this link to the browsing bar and open there.
I think it is floppy disk power. I can't find a good reference, but this e-bay listing -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/333175868139 shows a floppy disk power.
Note it also says the 24 pin power may not be standard. I would skip using that old power supply for much of anything.

Reactions: Danrley
Oct 26, 2022
I think it is floppy disk power. I can't find a good reference, but this e-bay listing -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/333175868139 shows a floppy disk power.
Note it also says the 24 pin power may not be standard. I would skip using that old power supply for much of anything.
Thank ya, this PSU is better than a lot of bad ones at same price, it's not for my main PC, for this I have a Corsair CX 600, and Corsair PSU are made by SeaSonic, this model of picture is so heavy comparing to the other PSU of "Same power" and bigger then this on picture, and this PSU really is able to submit 300W, and is being used on a PC that is used on a office, and has an awesome ripple rate lower than ATX pattern limits.
It's better than a lot of bad ones, a lot of modern "on same power" is so soft on weight and are true sh17s! 😊

Oct 26, 2022
FDD power is a mini molex, it has 2 grounds, one +5VDC, and one +12VDC, I think the black and white wire may be the "Special wiring" I see on description.

bignastyid

Titan
Thank ya, this PSU is better than a lot of bad ones at same price, it's not for my main PC, for this I have a Corsair CX 600, and Corsair PSU are made by SeaSonic, this model of picture is so heavy comparing to the other PSU of "Same power" and bigger then this on picture, and this PSU really is able to submit 300W, and is being used on a PC that is used on a office, and has an awesome ripple rate lower than ATX pattern limits.
It's better than a lot of bad ones, a lot of modern "on same power" is so soft on weight and are true sh17s! 😊
Not all Corsair PSUs are made by Seasonic, infact very few are. The only CX unit made by Seasonic was the CX400. Your CX 600 is made by Channel Well(CWT). The older CX(430, 500 and 600) units are also not that good, as they were prone to failure with a few cases of them damaging other components when they failed.

Reactions: Danrley
Oct 26, 2022
Not all Corsair PSUs are made by Seasonic, infact very few are. The only CX unit made by Seasonic was the CX400. Your CX 600 is made by Channel Well(CWT). The older CX(430, 500 and 600) units are also not that good, as they were prone to failure with a few cases of them damaging other components when they failed.
Thanks, I'd never know this if you didn't talk!😁

Oct 26, 2022
I never thought my over voltage protection of CX 600 on my main PC could fail.

bignastyid

Titan
I never thought my over voltage protection of CX 600 on my main PC could fail.
They had a fairly high failure rate. Most common I seen was randon shutdowsn, that would usually graduate to they system just turning on, Seen a couple where the caps literalyy blew up. Another moderator had on fail and kill a motherboard. Overall they were not a recommended unit.

PSUs do not age like wine, they age more like milk. When they get old it time to replace them preferably before problems start.

Oct 26, 2022
They had a fairly high failure rate. Most common I seen was randon shutdowsn, that would usually graduate to they system just turning on, Seen a couple where the caps literalyy blew up. Another moderator had on fail and kill a motherboard. Overall they were not a recommended unit.

PSUs do not age like wine, they age more like milk. When they get old it time to replace them preferably before problems start.
As I see, if have intentions of building a PC that won't stop on the most important moment that needs it (an main enterprise PC), a strategy can be putting an over dimensioned good PSU, because they trends to have low heat this way, and with low heat, the caps lasts more time, the transistors don't get damaged, the diodes and other components don't gets over stress.
BTW, I know exchange caps I have a lot of them 😊.

Last edited: