[SOLVED] Id like to play games on my Dell Optiplex 990.

May 16, 2020
Hi, I am new here.
I picked up a refurbished library computer and I am trying to get it to do something decently fun.
It has 8gb of ram and the i5 in it.
It is a sff computer.

anyways...

I did a lot of drugs and lost track of the times. Now I dunno what gpu I need or what sticks of ram will work with it.
Can someone please tell me what I can do to make my computer decent enough to play some games on.
I wanna do it cheap because I don't think it will be worth anything super much longer.

I already read all the past threads and such but those were from the past.
I dont want a gpu someone in 1017 thought would be good as it is now 2020 and there are probably better options.
You nerds get something together for me and Ill do my part.

Thanks
-Fona
Free Fona Army
Niggasin.space

Solution
Hi, I am new here.
I picked up a refurbished library computer and I am trying to get it to do something decently fun.
It is a sff computer.

anyways...

I did a lot of drugs and lost track of the times. Now I dunno what gpu I need or what sticks of ram will work with it.
Can someone please tell me what I can do to make my computer decent enough to play some games on.
I wanna do it cheap because I don't think it will be worth anything super much longer.

I dont want a gpu someone in 1017 thought would be good as it is now 2020 and there are probably better options.
You nerds get something together for me and Ill do my part...
May 17, 2020
zDfLp4m.png

Hi, I am new here.
It is a sff computer.

anyways...

You nerds get something together for me and Ill do my part.

Thanks
-Fona
Free Fona Army
Niggasin.space

All the other posts about those system still apply, it's still the same low power OEM power supply as the other systems, and the same issues with running newer cards due to the older BIOS and OEM motherboard. Probably useless to upgrade it past the 8GB of RAM it already has, for a video card, a used 750 card should run in it, maybe a 750 Ti if you want to push things to see if it will run without crashing. Newer cards like a 1030 or a 1050 may work on the latest BIOS update but may not.

Solution