id Software's Tim Willits: RAGE is "Basically Done"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaz

Distinguished
I hope this game is solid for the PC. I'm constantly disappointed in games downgrading themselves so they can play on the consoles. I look forward to seeing the reviews on Rage and hopefully purchasing/playing it as well.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]I hope this game is solid for the PC. I'm constantly disappointed in games downgrading themselves so they can play on the consoles. I look forward to seeing the reviews on Rage and hopefully purchasing/playing it as well.[/citation]

Battlefield 3.

jdw_swb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]so its fallout 3, but with vehicle combat?[/citation]

So it's Oblivion, but with guns and vehicle combat?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It's sad to say but everything from the game-play video and what Carmack had to say about not only Rage but FPS's in general which basically boiled down to innovation = bad and only the "snobby" do it or want it. I don't have much hope for Rage. I'm not getting my hopes up and I advise others not to as well.

One plus side was seeing the mod ability for the PC version.
Something we see less and less of these days.

[citation][nom]nisdec[/nom]So it's Doom 3, but with 5-finger figures?[/citation]

No, then the screenshot above would be pitch black.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]Here's a Thumbs up from an eager linux gamer[/citation]
i did not know that there were any good games for linux...wait there are not, lol.....just because you are different it does not mean that you are better ;)

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
doom3, quake4, and various id games including rage have run natively (no need for wine) on linux systems :)

I for one will pay the sticker price on release for this feature.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]I hope this game is solid for the PC. I'm constantly disappointed in games downgrading themselves so they can play on the consoles. I look forward to seeing the reviews on Rage and hopefully purchasing/playing it as well.[/citation]
Can't rely on reviews these days. Crysis 2 on PC got good reviews, but was a poor console port. Crytek did redeemed themselves partially by addign DX11 support, but the gameplay wasn't good enough.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]so its fallout 3, but with vehicle combat?[/citation]
No. Fallout 3 combat is gross. All id games have gunplay nothing short of great.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
As long as the $59 price tag offers more than 8 hours of game play I am good! I also have no doubt that Id will develop the game to be optimized on the PC on day one and not like Crysis which improved the PC version much later.

G

Let me correct that line: "[Console is] different to PC, we have to optimize the code for them. We can't just make everyone toss out their consoles and buy new improved ones to play RAGE with the same graphics."

Status
Not open for further replies.