[SOLVED] IDE 2.5" old hard drive connector not found anywhere ;-;

CaptainRatax

Commendable
Jul 27, 2021
Hi! I'm new here and have a doubt I can't find anywhere. I took a hard drive from an old HP computer and I want to get all the data from it but I can't find what connector it uses. The computer is an HP Pavilion ze4900 and the hard drive is a HITACHI Travelstar IC25N060ATMR04-0.
I hope someone can help me identify this connector so that I can buy an adaptor to get the data I need.
Thank you all for the help!
You can see the connector in the images bellow:
AM-JKLUTn1YdQDfcbrl5jDFpYGS1EVAYYKKwrug9TtYE3-2mjdnRxKUXRm_htCSMKLkk56dcppUe88pJtGey4bhxpW2Ikfz9_K52u_BHpowSckAbB8Q6b5Dabckv8gheh_bc66joaYr9SH31dhlPAF_u5gaI=w658-h877-no

AM-JKLUZ39LinxYrq5sIsIBkWfmWJvewtkufFGf649tfWWngaZ7W8CIbqJB-HNjwfQVFtqZbjLC_q1E_hdfSFiDn-cH4YoGieP1vzF3q5r19j-LJ0WFcytYXCH5mmRs3L8Ez6LXVux9t7RVjktEpdDEofNW3=w658-h877-no

AM-JKLXGZ8nevcgvzFo_AO8fTXrscEBcpIdecJPESsQrPXBa19bcQejWEwLq7OTSizttyYcbFinMj5vZVZ51GFfHltbwoz-hgszCAJ-tlosTMpuBAluShLZitOSnLMyHAknI3VnN2ELdNsl2AGWLkbYWN3Io=w658-h877-no

*Images full resolution:

Solution
Hmmm I don't think so this is a particular type of IDE I can't find anywhere, those use the standard form of IDE, maybe it is a custom one from HP but sincerely I don't know
Examine the drive and connections closely.
That which you see may be a proprietary HP thing.
Removable, exposing a standard IDE connection.

CaptainRatax

Commendable
Jul 27, 2021
Examine the drive and connections closely.
That which you see may be a proprietary HP thing.
Removable, exposing a standard IDE connection.
OMG I didn't know that connector was an adapter 🤦‍♂️ Thank you for telling me that! I thought of I tried to took it of I would break it. Thanks a lot for the help!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
OMG I didn't know that connector was an adapter 🤦‍♂️ Thank you for telling me that! I thought of I tried to took it of I would break it. Thanks a lot for the help!

Yeah, a lot of prebuilts do that kind of thing with drives, since their case designs are generally proprietary. With an aftermarket case like the ones on builds, we just stuff drives into whatever generalized bay solution the case has.