IDE to sata converter not working

aryamanp56

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
i have an old LG dvd burner which i want to use in my new build so i bought a cheap IDE to sata converter. i plugged it into the drive and plugged a sata cable and a floppy connector (power for the converter) on the other end along with the 4-pin molex connector into the drive itself. when i boot my system up, the light on the converter works but my pc can't seem to detect anything- as soon as i put a dvd in, the activity LED flashes 10-12 times then stops. please help as i'm supposed to use it tomorrow to install the os onto a new build

this is the exact model- http://www.enter-addon.com/convertor_usb_id_to_sata.aspx

Solution
Solution

pauls3743

Distinguished
New motherboards support AHCI by default. A SATA/PATA bridge does not support AHCI at all. Some motherboards have the ability to set a couple of SATA ports to IDE/legacy mode, I would take a look at this.

By "floppy connector" I assume you mean the mini 4-pin power connector typically used on floppy drives.

aryamanp56

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

i think that could be it- getting a new burner is probably the way to go. it's kind of a necessity where i live since most pc games are still sold by authorized distributors on DVD. thanks :)