Question IDE to Sata docking station not working with IDE

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
I brought a IDE to Sata Docking station on F.M.P new boxed When I tried it and plugged an IDE drive in the dock on my XP PC it showed up as *Removable disk E *i clicked it and it said please put a disk in disk E.I went to disk management and it said *NO MEDIA MASS STORAGE DEVICE*I have just tried it on my Windows 10 Pc it does not even turn up as a drive, but it does say in Disk Management *Removable on( D) NO MEDIA*It works with Sata and the rest of the dock stuff it has.But i did get it for the IDE part of the dock.Why do they say it works with IDE when it certainly does not.I did notice that people were saying it did not work with IDE. in reviews on Amazon ,but people on youtube have no problem with it.I n case your wondering it the red one that is everywhere All in one HDD Docking station If the drives were faulty they would not regester at all.In case you are thinking are the pins bent,on the two drives there are no bent pinns.

Last edited:

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
Link to this device?
it is the only one that people are using.

Hard Drive Docking Station, USB 2.0 to 2.5 3.5 Inch SATA IDE Dual Slots External Enclosure with All in 1 Card Reader and USB 2.0 Hub for 2.5" 3.5" IDE SATA I/II/III HDD SSD It does not have any brand on it​

this is the modal number 875 some one on Amazon said you have to put the drive to Master ,i have just done that but no change Removable D NO MEDIA .Does not show in devices and drives it did in XP..On the yourube videos of this it clicks in to place it does not in mine.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
it is the only one that people are using.

Hard Drive Docking Station, USB 2.0 to 2.5 3.5 Inch SATA IDE Dual Slots External Enclosure with All in 1 Card Reader and USB 2.0 Hub for 2.5" 3.5" IDE SATA I/II/III HDD SSD​

Brand: SAIENTEE
There are many others.
Some almost identical, but different "brand name".

So if you've tried multiple drives, and you're reasonably sue the actual drives work, and the PC and USB port work....then the dock you bought is faulty.

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
There are many others.
Some almost identical, but different "brand name".

So if you've tried multiple drives, and you're reasonably sue the actual drives work, and the PC and USB port work....then the dock you bought is faulty.

A lot of people have the same problem with the ide part of the dock not working , someone on youtube said he thinks it needs more power , And the guy all so said some of his ide drives did not work.I don't like pushing.them in that is probably why the pins on the other two drives got bent.Sll the other stuff on the drive wirks fine ,just the IDE that does not.

Last edited by a moderator: