Question Ideal CPU temps Ryzen 5 3600

Apr 19, 2020
My Ryzen 5 3600 is paired with a Deepcool Gammaxx 400. Temps are between 45C and 60C idle, while fluctuating in the 70s, but not quite 80C, during gaming sessions. Are these temps okay? Installation was kinda difficulty so I'm not sure if the thermal paste got messed up.

RelapseespaleR

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, those temps are fine. So long as you put a pea-sized dot of thermal paste in the center of the CPU you'll be fine.
See I did that originally and was still getting 72 degrees prime95 Ftt; and then looked online and people said to do the X shape and I am down to 70 degrees prime95 Ftt. However If I try to use PBO I reach low-mid 90s with prime95 Ftt.

Jul 31, 2020
See I did that originally and was still getting 72 degrees prime95 Ftt; and then looked online and people said to do the X shape and I am down to 70 degrees prime95 Ftt. However If I try to use PBO I reach low-mid 90s with prime95 Ftt.
I guess the thermal paste endgame: if you will, is spreading out the thermal paste.

My Ryzen 5 3600 is paired with a Deepcool Gammaxx 400. Temps are between 45C and 60C idle, while fluctuating in the 70s, but not quite 80C, during gaming sessions. Are these temps okay? Installation was kinda difficulty so I'm not sure if the thermal paste got messed up.

Sounds about as expected...temps will vary somewhat based on room ambient and your case airflow. Close to 80c is normal for gaming with a mid-level air cooler since it's sitting in a case also being filled with GPU heat...improved case ventilation (if possible) will help some.