Question Ideapad Gaming 3 135w charger running HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pard976

Reputable
Aug 1, 2018
I got my lenovo laptop this month, Im using it with no battery attached, because air cargo doesn't accept battery, so it arrived here with no battery. So im using it plugged in. I plugged the charger to my laptop and on a Surge protection Extension... Since the first day i start gaming with this, I notice that the 135w power brick charger getting too hot and a little coin whine noise (You cant hear it if you don't go upclose). The 135w power brick only gets too hot while heavy gaming like Watch Dogs 2 at High Settings 1080p. But when playing other games like minecraft running on 120fps, it doesn't get hot that much, the power brick is just right warm to touch...

I was wondering if this is just normal? Cause this is my first laptop, I always using desktop, before this laptop arrives, that's why im a bit worried about this.

So is this Normal?

Specs:
I7 10750H
16gb ram (Dual Channel)
Gtx 1650 TI
120hz 1080p Screen

(Note: I've been using this for about 2 weeks now)

Thanks for the future answers on this thread.

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you on? Version for your Nvidia drivers?

For your laptop, I'd try and make sure you've got the latest BIOS version on it. Following that, that you're on the latest OS version. Following that, try undervolting the laptop to reduce the amount of power drawn by the CPU(and the iGPU) using ThrottleStop. As for your GPU, you might want to also try reinstalling your GPU drivers for the GTX1650, use DDU to uninstall the drivers, then reboot and then reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

pard976

Reputable
Aug 1, 2018

For your laptop, I'd try and make sure you've got the latest BIOS version on it. Following that, that you're on the latest OS version. Following that, try undervolting the laptop to reduce the amount of power drawn by the CPU(and the iGPU) using ThrottleStop. As for your GPU, you might want to also try reinstalling your GPU drivers for the GTX1650, use DDU to uninstall the drivers, then reboot and then reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I dont know What driver of gtx 1650 ti should i install can you link it for me? I dont really know where to download it, and what driver for my laptop should i install.

pard976

Reputable
Aug 1, 2018

For the bios update... Im afraid to update the bios cause it might brick my laptop, and also.. i cant update it without the battery attached...

Status
Not open for further replies.