[SOLVED] Ideas about my disks

Jul 29, 2019
Hello , guys I have 1 intel ssd 1tb 540s which is a sata drive and my main drive (I have the os in it) and 1 intel ssd nvme 1tb 600p series installed as a secondary drive in the m.2 slot . I have also hdd drives but that doesn't matter , so I ordered a 2tb m.2 driver (Intel 660p series) with an adapter (QNINE NVME adapter link) because my mb only has one m.2 slot (my mb is maximus VIII hero) so my questions are what would be your advice about my SSDs ? should I change my main drive to Intel 660p series ? and where should I put the adapter ? because there are two pcie slots left one is (cpu) the other is (pch) and which driver should I put in the adapter the new or the old one ? if I decided to change the main driver can I move my system without losing anything or starting from the beginning ? I am sorry about the amount of my questions and thank you in advance ❤

Solution
Any speed difference between the 600p and the 660p is miniscule.
Leave the 600p where it is, and add the 660p in an adapter in a PCIe slot.

Which PCIe slot? The next one down from the GPU.
Jul 29, 2019
I would leave the OS on the current Intel 540, and use 600p and 660p as data drives.
Ok that's great but where should I put the adapter in the (cpu) pcie or (pch) pcie and should I change between the m.2 drivers ? what I mean by this is should I put 600p in the adapter and put 660p in m.2 slot that's in the mb ? you know because the 660p is faster and has more space or there is no difference ? thank you