Build Advice Ideas for a build?

Jan 30, 2021
Hello guys, I'm planning for a build. I've been planning for a build for more than 7 months, picking out parts and swapping for better value parts, and as I gain knowledge about pc's I know what's good and what's not. Can you guys give me a build that costs 1000 bucks that's good?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you guys give me a build that costs 1000 bucks that's good?
That's where you have to stylize your followup post or the thread's OP to information requested of the end user as seen here. Including currency, your location, preferred site for purchase are also asked to help make our suggestions more relevant to you and others in the community asking the same question.

Reactions: helper800
Jan 30, 2021
I live in the UAE, currency is AED, and the max price in that currency is 4000 AED. You have amazon.ae, gccgamers.com, uaegamers.ae, and even amazon.com, but make that the last option.

May 3, 2021
Id reccomend:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE B550
AMD XFX 5700 XT
Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz (8x2)GB
SSDCrucial MX500 1TB (or a 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD)

May or may not be available in your country. :/

Edit: Please use "Newegg.com" for buying these products as they are often cheaper and in stock!

g-unit1111

Titan
Id reccomend:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE B550
AMD XFX 5700 XT
Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz (8x2)GB
SSDCrucial MX500 1TB (or a 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD)

May or may not be available in your country. :/

Edit: Please use "Newegg.com" for buying these products as they are often cheaper and in stock!

That would be a fine system except that GPUs are hard to come by right now, especially AMD GPUs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
First and foremost is the gpu. Without doubt, it's going to be the largest purchase by a good margin, and the hardest to obtain. So that's what you need to concentrate on.

Get that first, if you can. Then see about building the pc around it, just remember to make sure to leave enough budget to do so. It's AMD, so you can cut a few corners on the motherboard, doesn't have to be the best, just don't cut any corners on the psu or you Will have issues.

I'd use the above build as a guide, it's well balanced and appropriate.

Reactions: Krotow
I might suggest the i5-11400 as the cpu.
It is fully the performnce equivalent of a 3600.
Here is a review:
The good thing is that the 11400 costs perhaps $20 more than the 11400F but it includes integrated graphics to get you started.

Reactions: helper800
Jan 30, 2021
and guys, idk what to buy, the b550 for pcie gen 4 or b450 for making my build as low priced as possible but sacrifice pcie gen 4. What do you think and can you recommend a budget board for both.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Asus Tuff B450 plus is 500 AED.
Asus Tuff B550 plus is 595 AED.
MicroATX versions slightly cheaper.

Can't go wrong with either board, and if using a 1650 Super, and normal ssd/nvme, then pcie4.0 isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

What might make a difference is connectivity. The B450 uses older versions of USB like 3.2 Gen1, the B550 is USB-C ready and compatible using USB 3.2 Gen2x2

Uhhh... is there something called too much wattage? Example: My build takes about 270 watts and a maximum of 350. Is it okay to use a 750w/850w for futureproofing?
One of the few only things to buy in computers that can be called "future proof" might be the power supply.
What wattage you need is mainly determined by the graphics card that you might use.
Here is a handy chart:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
It shows 400w for 1650 super.

There is no problem in over provisioning a power supply.
It will only use the power demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.
The best efficiency will be in the middle third of it's range.
I would not worry much about a unit in the 650-850w range.
Of more importance is the quality of the psu,
Consider it as a long term investment, good for the next 10 years.
Look for a psu with a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Here is a tier chart that may be useful:

In two years, most of what you buy today will be outdated.
DDR5 is coming in perhaps 2 years.
Motherboards will also change as well as new processors from both intel and amd.

Reactions: Krotow
The one I'm planning to buy is the seasonic gx 750/850, which is on tier A.
Good choice.

I may disagree with you on ryzen 3600.

Why buy an old gen processor when current intel 11th gen and ryzen 5000 processors perform so much better and support better i/o.
I know/I know... cheaper.

I spend a bunch of time on these forums and I see many more issues with ryzen than with intel.
Particularly in the area of ram issues.
"security, architecture, performance, and productivity"
are fluff terms without specifics that apply to you.

As to overclocking, it is no longer a way to get something for nothing.
Chips are binned today so there is minimal opportunity to gain via overclocking.
Modern processors implement turbo mechanism's in conjunction with windows to increase performance on a few cores when conditions permit and the app requires it.

Jan 30, 2021
So what should I get, intel or amd? (5000 series are expensive and hard to get by). 11th gen is expensive in my country at 300$. Plus, what's better, this
BrandCrucial
Digital storage capacity1024 GB
Hardware interfaceSolid State Drive
Reading speed2400 MB
Writing speed1800
or this
BrandSABRENT
Digital Storage Capacity1 TB
Hardware InterfacePCI Express x4
Read Speed3200 Megabytes Per Second
Write Speed2000
Compatible DevicesThis drive is compatible with servers and arrays that accept M.2 2280 PCIe drives
Cache Size1 TB
price is like 10 bucks apart, but the sabrent rocket is shiiped from america, while the crucial is from my country. So sabrent will be more likely impossible to get. Is there a big difference anyway?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you actually can over-watt a pc. It's just rather difficult to achieve with better components.

Psus are normally rated with maximum outputs, but modern cpus are dealing with ultra minimum demands at sleep or idle or low loads.

For instance, your pc as stated has a load of @ 270w, so ideally your psu will be double or close. This puts your load around the 50%-70% range, which is not only the most efficient range for the psu, but also thermally the most comfortable.

While psus are able to drop much lower than that range, most are not tested, nor comfortable below 20% (ish) loads and keep any kind of efficiency. A good psu will maintain decent efficiency there, but it's quite easy have a junk psu go off the charts bad, getting 50% or lower efficiency.

So pairing a 1000w POS on a 270w load is ok, your efficiency is @ 90% so pulling 300w from the wall, but below that and just websurfing etc and light loads, at 50% load and 50% efficiency you are still pulling 300w (ish) from the wall. With a good 550w psu, you'd still be well into high efficiency range and that same 50% load would be closer to 150w from the wall.

Over provisioning is generally fine, if done in moderation or with intent, especially considering how long a good psu can last nowadays, just be realistic in expectations. A good 750w psu is more than enough for a 5800x +OC + a 3080 +OC and as much rainbow puke as you can cram into the case. Unless that 750w psu is at a bargain price and/or cheaper than a good 650w, will you realistically forsee having that sort of need/expense.

TRENDING THREADS