Build Advice Ideas for a build?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 30, 2021
Hello guys, I'm planning for a build. I've been planning for a build for more than 7 months, picking out parts and swapping for better value parts, and as I gain knowledge about pc's I know what's good and what's not. Can you guys give me a build that costs 1000 bucks that's good?

g-unit1111

Titan
Go with B450 as you are not going to use any of B550 features
But,
If you want to upgrade your pc to like some Newer hardware, Its good to feature proof the build.

Why wouldn't you go with the newer motherboard? You get more motherboard for the same features, support for newer CPUs, newer NVMe drives, and higher RAM speeds.

I would suggest you go do some more research on this subject before giving out advice.

g-unit1111

Titan
So, should I get b550 or b450, what should I get (please try to get it with wifi but bios flashback is a must for me). Thanks

ALWAYS get the newest motherboard. You get support for the newest CPUs, fastest RAM, new M2 standards, and the BIOS is usually improved from the previous version. Don't let anyone talk you into buying older hardware on the sake of "you won't use all the features". If they say something like that, chances are very good that they do not know what they are talking about.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For an RTX3090, 850W minimum I would say. RMx would be a solid choice again.

This would be a very unbalanced build though, you would only want an RTX3090 if you are running 4K resolutions or have a need for 24GB of VRAM. The upcoming RTX3080Ti is more suitable for the casual gamer, but even then, If you are sticking with 1080p, than an RTX 3070 is about where I would draw the line, and 3060 Ti, and 3060 will do just fine as well. 3070/3080 are more suited for 1440p high refresh rate gaming.

B550 board will let you upgrade to a Ryzen 5000 series processor later, which would better match up with something like the 3090...

Reactions: helper800

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
In 3-5 years you would be looking at the Ryzen 7 5800x or 9 5900x.

3090 are known to have massive power spikes (high as 500W) which can trip smaller power supplies into shutting down. As I said, an 850W is about right, leaves about 300W for the rest of the system to run on. 1000W is fine, but it still needs to be a quality unit to run a 3090.

Right now the price difference between mid-range and high wattage power supplies is somewhat minor. But that should not last.

Reactions: helper800
Jan 30, 2021
Can you find me a good psu that would take a 3090 and ryzen 9 5900x for future proofing for 850 dhs or less? That spoils the whole budget but who cares spend more money now and spend less money later upgrading

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
But you could spend less later when PSU prices normalize. Not a guarantee, but essentially we had a two fold problem. Everyone was stuck at home, so they built lots of gaming machines which consumed all the mid-range power supplies. And all the high end power supplies were consumed by the crypto currency miners. What is left is about 30-40% overpriced. Which is what makes things like the 850 RMx a reasonable deal at $120.

I don't really have a list of shops in the UAE to pick from. Best for you to find what is available to you and list them here for review.

Jan 30, 2021
Guys, I need speakers right? But I'm using a 32 inch TV 1080p with my Build. Of course, it has speakers. So I won't need speakers Right? About the 1000w psu, can I have reccomandations? Example the rm1000x?