Question Ideas for displaying instructions on working stations

Dec 8, 2021
I am looking for ways to introduce electronic work instructions to employees on production work station. Each working station needs to have a different set of instructions displayed for the worker to follow. Currently we are using printed paper but its a hassle when changing or updating it. My current solution is buying a few pairs of cheap monitors and raspberries and use VNC to display the instructions, but I was wondering if there are better ways of doing this. Cost and ease of deployment are a factor. The format of the instructions is not an issue, it can be pdf, jpeg, ... The perfect gadget would be some cheap wifi monitor which only displays still images. Does anything like this exist?

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
If you want to project new/existing instructions to employees, you could use a simple batch file that checks the computer username and displays the appropriate instructions. I did this using WinBatch for a number of years to check for changes to a network files and download newer ones as required.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the feedback

My goal is to set up the technical infrastructure and I am not sure what hardware to use. My current plan is to buy 25 cheap 24" monitors with 25 raspberries connected via wifi, write a script which on startup connects to a server and displays a specific webpage, depending on the work station number. No user input on the work stations, the workers only need to see what is meant to be displayed for them. The software part should not be a problem here. What I'm not sure about is what hardware to use. Are there any better/cheaper technologies with which I can implement this. I was looking at e-ink tablets and also some digital signage products, but I'm not really convinced, either too expensive or not practical enough for easy deployment.

I was wondering if there are any other approaches to this problem