Follow Up from this post.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-signal.3607561/#post-21837448

Specs:
MOBO - GA-78LMT-S2P (rev 5.0)
AMD-FX 6100
2x4GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950
Corsair CV550

Exact same version of the motherboard plus all components, functions but get a stuttering in firefox on twitch, youtube etc.
Main issue is extremely low fps in any video game for example, overwatch 160+ fps normally, now its 20-50fps unplayable.
No signs of overheating at all.
No idea what to do next please help.
Thanks.

Edit: noticed this in task manager, does it mean that only 1 out of 6 cpu cores are on?
A9FT9a3.png

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I read your previous thread and the PSU you used to power that system is horrible, more like a paperweight if anything. To add, with your current specs, the CV is another lackluster unit. You should've looked at a 650W version of the Corsair CX unit.

That being said, have you made sure that you're on the latest BIOS for the motherboard? You might also want to run us by the version of Windows 10 that you're working with.

Exact same version of the motherboard plus all components, functions but get a stuttering in firefox on twitch, youtube etc.
Main issue is extremely low fps in any video game for example, overwatch 160+ fps normally, now its 20-50fps unplayable.
Reinstall chipset drivers and graphics driver.

Replacement of motherboard usually requires reinstallation of windows. But since you replaced with same model, it may be enough to reinstall just chipset driver and graphics driver.

And check msconfig boot/advanced settings. Number of processors checkbox should be empty.

This is, how Task Manager should look like:
task-manager-number-of-core-cpu-processor-500x451.png

Last edited:

mrwise

Commendable
May 16, 2020
I read your previous thread and the PSU you used to power that system is horrible, more like a paperweight if anything. To add, with your current specs, the CV is another lackluster unit. You should've looked at a 650W version of the Corsair CX unit.

That being said, have you made sure that you're on the latest BIOS for the motherboard? You might also want to run us by the version of Windows 10 that you're working with.

I wasnt really sure what psu I should buy but I went for cheapest option reliable brand. ill keep that Cosair CX 650w in mind if it need to buy another one in future. I never checked the version of mobo, tbh I dont like messing with updating bios I've never done it before. Windows 10 seemed to fix something its working now.

mrwise

Commendable
May 16, 2020

Replacement of motherboard usually requires reinstallation of windows. But since you replaced with same model, it may be enough to reinstall just chipset driver and graphics driver.

And check msconfig boot/advanced settings. Number of processors checkbox should be empty.

I just turned pc off for 3 hours came back and all cores are working again no issues. Im assuming windows 10 updated or reinstalled something but not sure.

mrwise

Commendable
May 16, 2020

Reinstalled graphics, chipset Is it the Amd SMBus? not 100% sure how to do this I just follow the uninstall in device manager and then will windows 10 automatically download/install it?
On gigabyte website the chipset driver only goes up to windows 8, also under CPU-Z has 780g when its meant to be 760g and doesnt specify REV 5.0 its just blank.
aqXZZUr.png
SlcYXci.png

TRENDING THREADS