Identify a Terminal Server via registry ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hello community,

my Software should recognize if it works on a MS Windows Terminal Server or
on a Workstation. Know anyone which registry key I could query ?

Is there a key for "Remote Administration" and the "Application Server"
modus ?

Thank you for answer !

Regards
Stefan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\TSAppCompat
0 is Remote Administration, 1 is Application Server mode

Note that this key will let you see what mode the server is in.
You can not switch between the modes just by toggling the key.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Stefan Frank" <Stefan.Frank@jknt.de> wrote on 30 aug 2005 in