IDF2 - Lamest article yet

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"You can bet that you don't need a P4 for anything but vanity purposes"

Um, ok so the guy writing this article intends to bash Intel. This reporter is clueless obviously and lets us know quick that he is a moron and is reaching really had to start something. Ever hear of developers? your at IDF... I guess not. GG

Any gimp who would go to IDF and ask "Obviously, he was also the guy to get the most questions about AMD, and why would companies buy Pentium 4 when it, obviously, didn't do much for things like Word. " should have been thrown out. side note. WTF did you want P4 and MS word to do? fly you to the moon? 200+ FPS?

Reminds me of stuttering john from howard stern show asking this question and a Intel show.

This is true reporting, tabloid style.

Why does THG even have a website when Anandtech.com is so much better and faster?

The reporter is totally clueless to where new technology comes from even when its under his nose. Maybe someone should clue him in on what IDF stands for.

But then again in true THG style, BASH INTEL rings thru load and clear.

"Intel doesn't have a strong software partner to counterbalance Microsoft, and that is going to be make the company's adventures into mobile devices an uphill struggle." Hi, its called Linux!

gong75

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
I don't think Anandtech is better than Tomshardware. AnandTech is huge and updates fast. But their reviews lack depth. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the L1-bridges stuff originated from THG, didn't it? Also I remember the adding of DIP switches to early versions of A7V boards. Although this was quickly outdated, but such originality is a specialty of THG that makes it stand out from other hardware sites.

Sojourn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you hate this site so much, why are you here all day every day ranting on these boards?

I wasn't impressed with this article either, but I'm pretty sure that's just because IDF lacked any real meat to report.

/Athlon-1.2GHz@1370MHz(137MHz*10)/Asus_A7V133/

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Why does THG even have a website when Anandtech.com is so much better and faster?"

Why do you place so many posts here? Oh, to make THG better. I see...

Anandtech is good, but THG is better. No one but Tom had the guts to stand up to Intel and say your 1.13Ghz P3 does not work. Other hardware sites slammed Tom, yet he stuck by his findings, and in the end was correct. Intel owes THG. If Tom had kept his finding quiet, Intel would have produced millions of worthless 1.13Ghz P3s. Wouldn't that have been something?

Anyone can run benchmarks, but THG goes deeper into techinical details then the other sites that I frequent. I also find his forums more informative (with the exception of a couple of individuals who will go nameless for now). The new forum format is great, weeding out all of the crap that ruined the older forums formerly held at THG.

So what name do you live under in Anandtech?

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Lacked real meat.... WRONG sir.

Whats lacking is a reporter. What was his only review? a nomad MP3 player? um ok...

He kinda missed on developers coming out with USB devices, P2P applications, broadband networking, WEP devices, too much to list. WTG

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My THG/Anandtech analogy seems to be throwing you guys off.

I check anandtech front page. I dont post to frum, not as many AMD lemmings to bash. If I did post it would be as "FUGGER"

Trust me, if I posted there you would know it was me =)

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah, I visited Anantech recently and frankly, if someone wanted to find any info about the IDF, Anantech is the place to go because it appears that they were at attendence.

meanwhile, it doesn't appear that the folks at THG were even there? the article reads as second hand info in a cliff notes sorta way!

well, to be fair I don't know if THG was there or not, but I see more info on Anantech than here, I strongly recommend ppl to visit all the hardware sites.

Also, I laughed at the comment about distributed computing. If the ppl at THG feels this way about dc why have seti.tomshardware.com ???

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs!"

JustPlainJef

Splendid
Feb 20, 2001
What a surprise. Fugger starts, AmdMeltDown follows. First, they did review the P2P and the USB 2.0. Do consumers get to buy them today? No. Basically, here is something cool with the manufacturers claims to performance. If you really want to learn about P2P, go to the website. Why should Tom's regurgitate other's info?

What's a signature? Oh, those words that show up after all my comments? I don't need one of those!