Question IDG Multi Monitor Meaning

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
Hello,

I have an MSI Z690 Carbon. The board has a Discrete GPU installed and Integrated Graphics. In the UEFI firmware settings there is an option called IGD Multi-Monitor which has been enabled. For some reason when I have my GPU installed. I have to have my GPU plugged via display port or HDMI to get signals coming from the integrated graphics ports on the motherboard. If I have the cable plugged into the integrated graphics display port or HDMI only I get no signal from the motherboard. With the GPU not installed and the plugged into the display port or HDMI I do get a signal from the motherboard. Is this normal?

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Your iGPU should be able to drive 2 panels, apart from what the discrete GPU can drive. Enabling IGD Multi-Monitor enables the iGPU's functionality.
CPU: i9 12900ks
Motherboard: MSI Z690 Carbon
Ram: KINGSTON 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ
SSD/HDD: MSI Spatium M390 1tb
GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio
PSU: Corsair RM 1000x 2021
Chassis: Corsair iCUE 7000x
Monitor: Acer Predator 283k
It's working now. I had an issue that my GPU was not fully powered and the motherboard was set for the PEG in UEFI. This uses GPU for rendering even if IDG Multi Monitor is enabled but you can still use the ports on the motherboard. When the GPU powered on and it did not have enough power. There was a black screen as you would expect.