Question Idk if its software or hardware could some pro tips.

flozfzx

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
I have a 5900x non overclocked , 6800xt stock clocked (red devil)with nve980 pro Asrock 570x pro motherboard.

I was messing with my bios trying to get smart access memory but that failed so it deleted all my games and some other files. after that my computer went down hill.

I play BF2042 a lot it worked well before this happen now every time i get on it loads up then when i get to the actual game my whole computer freezes then just reboots. it shows no errors.

I just did a full format on the primary hd, updated every driver for each components and it still does it.

GraptikBlizzard

Prominent
Jul 3, 2021
If I were you I'd take the nuclear option and wipe everything to factory settings. Reset the BIOS to defaults and reinstall windows and wipe all drives you have connected to the PC. If that doesn't work, it's a hardware problem. Was everything okay with the PC before you tried to change these settings in your BIOS?

flozfzx

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
If I were you I'd take the nuclear option and wipe everything to factory settings. Reset the BIOS to defaults and reinstall windows and wipe all drives you have connected to the PC. If that doesn't work, it's a hardware problem. Was everything okay with the PC before you tried to change these settings in your BIOS?

Yes everything was working great smooth no problem all games that I played ran very smooth. I started messing with the bios and everything just pooped. I'm taking that nuke approach as we speak, In the bio setting i hit default on everything, I formatted my computer and the other hard drives. Installing windows 10 pro hope this works sigh :(.

GraptikBlizzard

Prominent
Jul 3, 2021
Yes everything was working great smooth no problem all games that I played ran very smooth. I started messing with the bios and everything just pooped. I'm taking that nuke approach as we speak, In the bio setting i hit default on everything, I formatted my computer and the other hard drives. Installing windows 10 pro hope this works sigh :(.
It should just be a software problem, I doubt you'd have damaged any physical components just by messing around in the BIOS unless you set some crazy high voltage for your CPU or something like that. Make sure you use the factory defaults option in the BIOS (should be one of the function keys) instead of defaulting the settings one by one as you may miss something.

flozfzx

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
It should just be a software problem, I doubt you'd have damaged any physical components just by messing around in the BIOS unless you set some crazy high voltage for your CPU or something like that. Make sure you use the factory defaults option in the BIOS (should be one of the function keys) instead of defaulting the settings one by one as you may miss something.
Yes that's what i think i did it just restored anything i changed to its original settings, No I wasn't trying to overclock my cpu or GPU. what I was trying to do is that AMD smart access memory but It was telling me i had to change my hard drive to a different format but i didn't go on further I just left it and then that's when things started to give me a problem. Hopefully It is software. thank for the reply I appreciated it .

flozfzx

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Guess that didn't work still having the same issues but the strange thing is when i go to try play BF2042 the games on origin don't show up. I Ithink this might be a hardware problem.. ? I did try installing different hard drives and had the same Issue, Idk what else to do this sucks err:/

GraptikBlizzard

Prominent
Jul 3, 2021
Guess that didn't work still having the same issues but the strange thing is when i go to try play BF2042 the games on origin don't show up. I Ithink this might be a hardware problem.. ? I did try installing different hard drives and had the same Issue, Idk what else to do this sucks err:/
Is it still freezing and rebooting only when you play games?

flozfzx

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Only when i play the game im starting to think i messed up my motherboard. I reinstalled win 10 in 2 different SSD but still the same problem .