Idk what to download for my CPU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2019
Soo i was with the CPU RYZEN 3 1200, and i changed it to RYZEN 7 2700X, but my PC didnt started... I understood that my motherboard (B350) doesnt have the drivers to run this CPU, but im not good at archiving and others so icneed help.. Can some1 help me with finding the right thing i need to install and help me install it too(my motherboard is MSI B350) Tnx

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017
Pull up your motherboard on the product page on MSI then click support and downloads. Grab the latest bios version and put it on a USB stick. Boot into BIOS and select the USB stick file for Flash. Be very careful when flashing..

* I wouldn't run a 2700X on a B350 to begin with. It's going to be stressed.....

You'll most likely need to update the motherboard BIOS with the old CPU in place.

Go to MSI website and get page for your motherboard. Then go to support link, and look for 'compatibility'. Then see version of BIOS required for the 2700x in the CPU list (e.g. 7A34v10.zip).

Update BIOS, swap out CPU. Also be sure that your PSU and power connections are up to the 2700x.

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017

There's plenty of evidence that the 2700X cannot sustain it's full potential on a B350. It'll require more power and will apply some stress on a B350. None the less the system will still work fine, I agree that quality matters.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

You realize that VRMs and chipset are two completely independent aspects of the motherboard? How exactly is the CPU "stressing" the chipset? As said above, there are B350/450 boards out there that have better power delivery than some X370/470 boards.

Just curious though, what sort of evidence have you seen, and could you provide an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.