[SOLVED] Idle 100C for 2700x ?

Solution
Bios is different to windows. Bios uses a higher power plan, and is working under loads, windows doesn't until you open a program. Bios temps are always higher than expected.

I prefer HWInfo - sensors only, to Hwmonitor. With Hwmonitor my tmpin4 is +125°C and tmpin6 is -255°C, psu 12v rail is read as 10.1v. Impossible values and still have the pc working.

I love the fact that the fan on auxfanin3 can run at 65K rpm.

Benal Mador

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
hwmonitor shows differently

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1iy6jh5tyqezURWJ7-tqbnLZuZu85XppC

uc

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bios is different to windows. Bios uses a higher power plan, and is working under loads, windows doesn't until you open a program. Bios temps are always higher than expected.

I prefer HWInfo - sensors only, to Hwmonitor. With Hwmonitor my tmpin4 is +125°C and tmpin6 is -255°C, psu 12v rail is read as 10.1v. Impossible values and still have the pc working.

I love the fact that the fan on auxfanin3 can run at 65K rpm.

Last edited:
Solution

InvalidError

Titan
bios cpu temp is 60 c :/
weird
2700x this high ?
The BIOS doesn't have power management, so the CPU is operating with all circuitry powered up regardless of load and gets much hotter at "idle" (actually busy-waiting) than it does in Windows where idle cores get 'parked' which means clocks to most of the core are stopped and all non-essential circuitry gets powered down.