[SOLVED] Idle CPU temp above 70 degrees Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezina12

Commendable
Feb 24, 2018
My CPU temp non oc in bios are 78 Celsius and the voltage is 1.232 the fan is running full blast and my i7 6700k keeps heating I have an asrock z170 pro4s motherboard.

How can I fix it ?/ Make it go at a lower temp at it's base frequency?

Solution
Your cooler is possible damaged, not seated correctly, or perhaps even the thermal paste has gone off between the CPU Cooler and the CPU itself.

Your idle temps should be around 30-35C. You could bring it to a store to diagnose, or try the fixes yourself.

If you try it yourself you will have to replace the thermal paste, reseat the cooler, and make sure the cooler is working as it should. Also worth cleaning any dust out of your case, and specially on the cooler.
Your cooler is possible damaged, not seated correctly, or perhaps even the thermal paste has gone off between the CPU Cooler and the CPU itself.

Your idle temps should be around 30-35C. You could bring it to a store to diagnose, or try the fixes yourself.

If you try it yourself you will have to replace the thermal paste, reseat the cooler, and make sure the cooler is working as it should. Also worth cleaning any dust out of your case, and specially on the cooler.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.