Question Idle GPU temps much higher than usual

Robby Shorts

Honorable
Jan 26, 2016
Hey guys, sorry if I'm not posting in the right section, I'm not sure if my issue would go under 'systems', 'gpu', or 'cooling'.

Anyways, I have a Asus Strix 1060 6GB OC Edition graphics card, and typically my card's idle temperature is around 40C - 42C. However, recently I checked my cards temps again (using MSI AB) and it's idling around 48C - 54C, which is of course quite worrisome to me. I also noticed that my GPU & MEM clocks on the left were sometimes clocked much higher for no good reason, which might have something to do with it. But for the most part, the clocks are staying around the same idle level, despite much higher temps.

I have no clue what's causing this, and to my knowledge, nothing has changed over the past few days when I first began to notice this.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'm open to all thoughts.

Thanks

Robby Shorts

Honorable
Jan 26, 2016
How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ? What's the Ambient Room Temperature at your location ? What's the GPU and CPU's load/usage when the Temp values increase ?
I think the airflow is pretty good, decent at worst inside of the case. One case fan on the front to pull air in, with the GPU having 3 of its own fans to take in that air and cool it along side with the CPU cooler, which then pushes the fan back out of the case. Here is a [link] for the tower, if you would like to look at it.

Ambient room temperature in my house is around 78° Fahrenheit (25.556° C). Sometimes it can get a bit hotter in my room however, if my door is shut, my maybe a few degrees fahrenheit.

My CPU's load (according to task manager) is around 14% - 18%, while my GPU's load is at 6% - 8%.