Idle Is Running Hot. Help with Fan Position Requested.

TStahler

Distinguished
What direction should I have my fans running? I have a Fractal Design Define R4 case. I have a Cooler Master Seidon 240m CPU with the radiator mounted vertically in the front that has two fans in front of it. My exhaust fan is in the top back exhaust position and it is a 120mm radiator that comes with my R9 295X2 Graphics card. My FX 9590 is idling at 48-49 degrees, which I think is high for a new install on a Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 board. And that temp is with a blower fan blowing air out the back of it through the vertical slot in the back of it. Any suggestions on how I can bring my temperature down? Thanks.

Solution
Yes temps are high for idle, are the fans in front blowing in or out? I'd want more fans blowing in and another exhaust, the fans in front are blowing hot air in or hot air out and doesn't sound like you have any cool air going in

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Yes temps are high for idle, are the fans in front blowing in or out? I'd want more fans blowing in and another exhaust, the fans in front are blowing hot air in or hot air out and doesn't sound like you have any cool air going in

Solution

TStahler

Distinguished
I had both fans in the front running as exhaust. It also seems the fan with the radiator for the GPU only runs intermittently as well. Kind of out of spots to mount fans without pulling acoustic foam out from the inside of the case.

window edition ?

if not put 1 on the side fan and 1 on the bottom as exausts should pull more of that hot air around case 140mm

id recomend be quiet fans 140mm also they move decent amount of air and are quiet