idle temp 78C

ik_1__

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
my spec. amd fx4300 3.8ghz 8gb ram gtx 1050ti 4gboc , my gpu temp is fine <60C while playing
games like witcher 3
.but my cpu reaches 78C even in idle. when i start my computer it is 34-35 then after i browse the internet it reaches 78 after some times; i have never opened my cpu case till now its 2 years old .

edit : i think i need to try opening, i never did tho and check dust?

Solution
You are correct! 2 years is a long time to leave your case un-maintained. Use a can of compressed air and blow - brush all the dust out from the heat sinks, and the fan blades (you may want to disconnect your CPU fan and clean that separately)

Also make sure to clean the GPU as you may reduce the temps on that as well.

You may want to re-paste your CPU cooler if the cleaning does not bring the temps down enough. Are you using the stock cooler, or an after market one?

Kenton82

Reputable
You are correct! 2 years is a long time to leave your case un-maintained. Use a can of compressed air and blow - brush all the dust out from the heat sinks, and the fan blades (you may want to disconnect your CPU fan and clean that separately)

Also make sure to clean the GPU as you may reduce the temps on that as well.

You may want to re-paste your CPU cooler if the cleaning does not bring the temps down enough. Are you using the stock cooler, or an after market one?

Solution