Question Idle temps ~40-50 C, Load temps don't even pass 65 C

Sep 4, 2021
Feels kinda weird. I have a Ryzen 5 3600. My idle/light task temps are about 40-45 degrees with spikes to 55 every few seconds. Under full load they never get over 65, sometimes not even 60. Fan speed is always at max, at least thats what I see on the bios

keith12

Illustrious
Hey there,

List your full pc specs. That kind of behaviour is typical of a stock cooler. Ryzen coolers are decent, but you will have high temps. Ambient temps will play a part too during summer. The spikes are normal for 6+ core CPU's. Same with Intel.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Sep 4, 2021
Hey there,

List your full pc specs. That kind of behaviour is typical of a stock cooler. Ryzen coolers are decent, but you will have high temps. Ambient temps will play apart too during summer. The spikes are normal for 6+ core CPU's. Same with Intel.
I just bought a Hyper 212 Black and installed it yesterday. I'm kinda stressed out rn bc I spent so much time and I'm pretty sure I mounted it properly

keith12

Illustrious
What thermal paste did you use? Are you sure the cooler is seated correctly? edit: I know you've said you took your time (that's a good thing)

Also, when putting the cooler on, it's best to criss-cross the tightening of the screws. So go from one diagonal to the other. This ensure thermal paste will spread evenly over the CPU for best results.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS