IE 11 constantly crashing in last few days

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
All of a sudden, both my win 7 machines, using IE 11 are crashing whenever I change to another site. It is all types of annoying!! I reinstalled IE 11 64-bit, and Java 64-bit also, still happens. Did they just do an update that messed it all up?

The most recent Windows update was today and before that two weeks ago, though you'd have seen the PC restart if it installed updates right before this started. Is it a particular site or set of sites which crash IE, or does any browsing activity cause a crash?

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
It seems to be anytime I do a selection from my favorites, or go to another part of, or new site after it is up. Whether one my single screen system with 1 window, or my play system with 4 screens and 6-8 windows. It constantly is giving me a "internet explorer" shutdown prompt...

Hmm, that's not an isolated site. Ordinarily I'd think maybe a corrupt file or malware or a common explanation but it's odd having the same issue on two systems like that.

Either way, you can try:

scans with e.g., malwarebytes & adwcleaner (from malwarebytes.com under tools)
restoring to a previous point in time

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
System restore to 7/7 seems to have worked. Took a couple tries, because I had to disable malwarbytes, but looks good for now. Thank you for the privilege of your time :) (a great phrase I learned from Jose Diaz Ballart from nightly news sign off, sounds nice, and I do mean it! )