IE or Netscape?

OneBadLT1Z28

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Hi, I was wondering which internet browser between both IE and netscape is more secured? Is there another browser that is better? Mozilla? Any suggestions and info would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks for your help and time.

Eric

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
netscape is more secured, because no one uses its. Very few hackers are interested on netscape browsers.

<i><font color=purple>
"I'll Take A Quiet Life
-Handshake to Carbon Monoxide- Th.Yo."
</i><font color=purple>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
and if you have a dial up connection, you don't have to worry that much about security.

<i><font color=purple>
"I'll Take A Quiet Life
-Handshake to Carbon Monoxide- Th.Yo."
</i><font color=purple>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do you have lots of money in yer harddrive?

But seriously, IE is the best as far as eye candy goes, and by far till this time no body climed into my pc yet, Zole Labs does a good job of securing my "IE machine", heh.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
and i still use zone labs 2.4

<font color=blue>
My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
<font color=blue>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
netscape also has a good gui.

<font color=blue>
My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
<font color=blue>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
i have used many browsers and here are my thoughts...

IE 6...good all around browser...it will display every website perfectly...medium speed...nice but not the fastest...too much of an intigration into windows IMO...and commonly hacked!

Netscape...not to bad...is plenty fast...just as fast as IE IMO...good gui...not much more to say..its OK...

Opera...good browser i am currently writing from it now...do not get their beta release...as of now it ihas some stability problems...all the other versions I have used do not...it is faster than IE...some webpages are not displayed the same as on IE but that is rare...i like the gui and tabbed windows (like netscape) and the mouse gestures are very convinient once you learn them...

Mozilla...i am running this in linux...it is very fast...simple but usable gui...stable (at least on linux)...tabbed windows...i think it is the fastest...but it has no mouse gestures...i cannot decide if i like opera or mozilla better...cannot go wrong with either IMO

These are all my opinions and of course yours may vary...

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
i can't believe netscape is still releasing newer versions.,

<font color=blue>
<i>COMPUTERS</i> need <b>UPGRADES</b>; <i>UPGRADES</i> need <b>MONEY</b>,
"but" <b>MONEY</b> - heck, <i>it's no easy task. :eek: </i>
</font color=blue>