IE10 opening weird websites by itself. Virus?

estmann74

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
My work-laptop is opening weird websites like this http://aulxfelmzqdccu/ by itself.
These adresses are different after every restart. Im not a admin user so i cant install any software against viruses the only software that it has is Trend Micro Office scan and Windows Defender.
Windows Defender dosent find anything.
What Could I DO whitout admin rights or do i have to call help.

Notice: it dosent open a new tab or a window when already in IE.

Any help is appreciated.
Il try to reply to every question.

Solution
sounds like someone hijacked your home page. please do the following and we will try to get to the bottom of it. first download,update,and run the following programs. superantispyware and malwarebytes. get rid of whatever they come up with. also do an antivirus scan and delete whatever it comes up with.post logs of these scans.second,download,update and run hijack this.do a scan but dont fix anything just yet.post your hjt log with the others.if you have to get permission to do this i would as the tools you have arent going to cut it.
sounds like someone hijacked your home page. please do the following and we will try to get to the bottom of it. first download,update,and run the following programs. superantispyware and malwarebytes. get rid of whatever they come up with. also do an antivirus scan and delete whatever it comes up with.post logs of these scans.second,download,update and run hijack this.do a scan but dont fix anything just yet.post your hjt log with the others.if you have to get permission to do this i would as the tools you have arent going to cut it.

Solution

estmann74

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

run hjt and delete the following.

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL

O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL

before we go further than this i have to ask if you go to any estonian websites? in your trusted zone and esc trusted zone you have a mittfull.if you dont know what they are i think we may have found our problem.post back and advise. Al.

estmann74

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Ok today Trend Micro Ofice scan found a virus and notified the admin.
So np anymore.:bounce:
Thanx to everyone who helped

estmann74

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

ye it would need beter protection but they wont do anything.
Btw should beg them to install a proper antivirus. lol