[SOLVED] IE11 - HOW Duplicate Tab OR Create New Tab but stay on the same page?!?!?!?

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
there's no Windows 8 forum section so i'm asking here..

For IE11 on windows 8.1 64.
When I right click the page at the top near the URL bar and then select New Tab or Duplicate Tab, How do I make ie11 stay on the same page like Chrome does, instead of going to that new tab?

I've googled this and seems to be in TABS tab for Internet Options that I should be able to select to stay on the same page when created but I don't see that. What I did do just now though is uncheck 'always switch to new tabs when they are created', and hit Apply, and restarted but it still makes me go to the New or Duplicated page when it opens.

EDIT: now that I've unchecked 'always switch to new tabs when they are created', it DOES keep me on the same page but only when I right click a link and select Open in New tab. For example if I google search anything and then right click one of the results and click Open in New Tab, it will keep me on the same page, but I need it to also do the same when I right click the top of a webpage (near the URL bar) and select Duplicate Tab or New Tab.

Last edited:

blahcomp222

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
actually it has been fixed, even with chrome when you right click the top area near URL bar and hit New Tab or Duplicate Tab it will take you to that new page (which I don't want). Maybe in chrome you can change that too but the way I altered IE11 made it the same as chrome (when you click links and do Open in New Tab it doesn't take you to that tab which is how I want it).