IE8 is Now World's Most Popular Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
350 million malware blocks? That's just scary.

Ironically, my comp got infected with some malware that targets just IE. I ended up having to disable IE!!!

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
That girl sure does make me want to change to IE8 unless Firefox steps it up and shows me a better looking girl. :p

oh em gee. Internet explorer 8 has got to be the worst piece of $#!7, I mean software I have had the unfortunate displeasure to use in the last 5 years. They took a fully functional web browser, broke it, then took the ability to customize the browser away and hid it somewhere else!!!!

I would truly love to strangle whoever did that, but instead I will do the next best thing. Delete internet explorer from all my machines and use firefox or chrome. I can't believe people actually like this crap!

I also can not access my school's website with this IE8, even though my university wants student's to use internet explorer exclusively to access the website. They should have a disclaimer, "Works with Internet Explorer, unless of course you're using IE8 then don't bother trying to log on. Better luck turning in your semester project next time."

Oh yeah, I'm not finished. What the hell is up with IE8 being an "Important update?" I guarantee that's the ONLY reason its the most popular, because everyone with automatic updates has the BS unwittingly installed on their computer.!!!

WTF!!!

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]oh em gee. Internet explorer 8 has got to be the worst piece of $#!7, I mean software I have had the unfortunate displeasure to use in the last 5 years. They took a fully functional web browser, broke it, then took the ability to customize the browser away and hid it somewhere else!!!!I would truly love to strangle whoever did that, but instead I will do the next best thing. Delete internet explorer from all my machines and use firefox or chrome. I can't believe people actually like this crap!I also can not access my school's website with this IE8, even though my university wants student's to use internet explorer exclusively to access the website. They should have a disclaimer, "Works with Internet Explorer, unless of course you're using IE8 then don't bother trying to log on. Better luck turning in your semester project next time."[/citation]

Sounds to me like you don't know how to use IE.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
IE has gotten better over the years but still isn't very good at all. I'll be honest though, if Firefox didn't have add-ons that improved upon several aspects of the browser, I would probably be using Chrome.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
IE8 is far superior then FF 3.6, FF 3.6 is shit, slow and STILL has that f**ken memory leak, i honestly think that FF developers DONT know how to fix it

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]That girl sure does make me want to change to IE8 unless Firefox steps it up and shows me a better looking girl.[/citation]

If that girl makes you want to do things with your web browser, I'm not sure everything is working quite right on you.

Having said that, your doctor might have a good pill for it. Or even a bad one.

buckinbottoms

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
The study fails. It separates IE correctly by versions 6-7-8, but breaks Firefox 3 into 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 which doesn't make any sense as they don't break IE down by individual updates as well. The correct Firefox breakdown should be 1-2-3.

In which case Firefox 3 would have 23.47% over IE8 at 22.37%.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]buckcm[/nom]http://www.geekstir.com/img/choice.jpg[/citation]
That's obvious that girl wont even talk to you but that guy with his dreamy eyes will love you forever

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]buckinbottoms[/nom]The study fails. It separates IE correctly by versions 6-7-8, but breaks Firefox 3 into 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 which doesn't make any sense as they don't break IE down by individual updates as well. The correct Firefox breakdown should be 1-2-3.In which case Firefox 3 would have 23.47% over IE8 at 22.37%.[/citation]
That's because IE updates are still consider to be the same version also those updates are usually just security fixes not changes to the browser over all while FF updates their version. 3.0 to 3.5 is valid not quite sure about 3.5 vs 3.6

phoenix777

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Had a hard time reading the article with that picture next to it...

anyway, I use Chrome. Fire Fox doesn't really support 64-bit and I hate IE. So Chrome is my only option.

thomaseron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
only reason IE8 is so "popular" is because MS has put it in MS update. I really don't like IE anymore, 'cause it's slow! I use Chrome for most part, and IE only when I really have to.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Okay. This is quite expected knowing that MS is the one who made the statement. It would be ridiculous if they would betray their own product (which I don't use unless required) and say is the World's Most Popular Browser. :p

* FireFox 3.6 and Chrome5 beta user *

Status
Not open for further replies.