IE9 RC Coming January 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tomasswood[/nom]I didnt realise anyone other than those that knew any better, still used IE...[/citation]
throwing out a browser before it's out? ok that makes sense

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]I love the IE9 beta- it's very streamlined and fast. It reminds me of Google Chrome actually...[/citation]
does it have the dev tools that firefox has?

mx348

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Understand however IE is still the "official" browser in the corporate environment.
No other browse is able to be controlled via group policy.
IE9 will hopefully be the browser to replace all the shops with IE6 still the main browser.

ares1214

Splendid
id be excited...if the beta worked on my computer...Ironic how it wont...because vista has problems...and wont update...therefore wont allow me to install it...smooth move M$.

tomasswood

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]throwing out a browser before it's out? ok that makes sense[/citation]Ive never ever had a good experience with IE, let alone one that trumped either Chrome of Firefox (what i use). I remember the last time i opened IE (to test some HTML) my computer froze for 16 mins, whilst firefox opened instantly

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]id be excited...if the beta worked on my computer...Ironic how it wont...because vista has problems...and wont update...therefore wont allow me to install it...smooth move M$.[/citation]
maybe if you didn't have a pirated version of windows

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tomasswood[/nom]Ive never ever had a good experience with IE, let alone one that trumped either Chrome of Firefox (what i use). I remember the last time i opened IE (to test some HTML) my computer froze for 16 mins, whilst firefox opened instantly[/citation]
sounds like a hardware problem or a poorly configured OS
IE opens fine for me i've used opera firefox chrome and IE all the time and i find firefox the most bloated
IE ran just fine
Opera is great but i can't do basic things like pay my bills so i threw that out
Chrome is like a poor man's opera but it works so i use it now

tubaloth

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
IE9 Beta was a set up from ie8. Again its what should have come with Windows 7 but didn't. I probably use IE 50% of the time at home. I use it more at work, but IE9 doesn't work in XP.
Because we test software, we are trying to figure out how much IE9 testing we should do. Hard to predict how many well download IE9, I think most Windows 7 users well.

G

harth...having 3 out of every 4 users using IE makesit "history"?

edited by moderator to remove abrasive language

stebono

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I don’t normally play with beta software unless I have a virtual machine setup for it. However I’m going to rebuild my Windows 7 platform anyway so I installed IE9 to test drive it. Here is what I discovered in the very short time I used it.

1) SLOWNESS – Microsoft is monitoring your surfing habits and the time it takes to bring up a website. This severely slows down your surfing especially when you have an Internet Security program running. If you disable the security program add-on then surfing speeds up but now you are wide open to attack from the web which is not the correct answer. Once again MS is trying to do too much.

2) INFLEXABLE UI – The new toolbar structure can’t be configured the way you want it. Microsoft in their normal infamous know it all fashion does not allow you to change the size or move the Address bar and it is extremely small which makes you think why even show it then. Also there is seemingly no Search bar either.

3) FILE DOWNLOADS – Microsoft is trying to be like Firefox in this manner as you get a big banner at the bottom of the surfing window when you invoke a download which sits there until you clear it manually. You can also choose to bring up a separate UI with all downloads in it exactly like FF. If you like FF this may be great but I’ve never liked that about FF and if I did want that I might as well just use FF. There also is now where in the IE configuration to turn this nonsense off like you use to be able to with IE8.

4) ACTIVX-JAVA BETA ISSUE – Some buttons on certain websites don’t show but if you move your cursor over them they appear and work fine. Other sites the buttons may show but aren’t handling their association to the action they perform, they don’t work. This is a Beta issue and something they will fix of course.

I can’t see using IE9 in the future unless they clear up these issues IE8 is much better than IE9 in all manners.

If you want to use a very good browser that offers both normal and private mode surfing try Avant Browser it is free and provides more features and flexibility than either FF or IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS