IEEE 1394a PCI Card is enabled, but....

when I have my hard drive connected to this card, no hard drive shows up. No
special drivers are needed, so I don't understand why my hard drive isn't
present.

bar

New disks appear as Not Initialized and therefore are not viewable in Windows
Explorer.

Before you can use a disk, you must first initialize it. If you start Disk
Management after adding a disk, the Initialize Disk Wizard appears so you can
initialize the disk.

To initialize new disks, Open Computer Management (Local). In the console
tree, click Disk Management. To open Computer Management, click Start, and
then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then
double-click Computer Management.

Right-click the disk you want to initialize, and then click Initialize Disk.
In the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize.
If you are running Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, you can select whether to use
the master boot record (MBR) or GUID partition table (GPT) partition style.

The disk is initialized as a basic disk.