[SOLVED] If AMD threadripper is not for gaming , why are intel 2066 and threadripper motherboards with the name Gaming in their brand name

bniknafs9

Respectable
Jan 21, 2019
with all that RGB and other gaming stuff, Do they need a gaming motherboard if they are trying to render Architectural projects in a company ?

I think some marketing smart guys figured out 'Gaming' in the name sells motherboards.

But you can most definitely game on a TR system: just reconfigure memory, disable unnecessary cores and go for it. Or run a rendering project in a VM while pounding out high scores in another one. It's all in how you configure it. I think it's pretty cool having that kind of flexibility with an HEDT workstation.

Reactions: Mandark

bniknafs9

Respectable
Jan 21, 2019
I think some marketing smart guys figured out 'Gaming' in the name sells motherboards.

But you can most definitely game on a TR system: just reconfigure memory, disable unnecessary cores and go for it. Or run a rendering project in a VM while pounding out high scores in another one. It's all in how you configure it. I think it's pretty cool having that kind of flexibility with a production workstation.
that's what i thought too , EPYC is server but ThreadRipper is gaming .

So are you suggesting they use Gaming branded motherboards in architectural companies ? or for anime CGI ?
They have no idea what inside the system they bought. They buy to a specification, if smart one based on performance criteria it must meet. But most likely Dell or HP (or the like) won't use a gaming branded motherboard as that's unnecessary for the market they're addressing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS