[SOLVED] If AMD threadripper is not for gaming , why are intel 2066 and threadripper motherboards with the name Gaming in their brand name

Solution
So are you suggesting they use Gaming branded motherboards in architectural companies ? or for anime CGI ?
No.
But gamer people will buy it, when they otherwise might not.

Gaming RAM
Gaming desk
Gaming sneakers

We've had questions or articles on all of those.
I think some marketing smart guys figured out 'Gaming' in the name sells motherboards.

But you can most definitely game on a TR system: just reconfigure memory, disable unnecessary cores and go for it. Or run a rendering project in a VM while pounding out high scores in another one. It's all in how you configure it. I think it's pretty cool having that kind of flexibility with an HEDT workstation.

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
I think some marketing smart guys figured out 'Gaming' in the name sells motherboards.

But you can most definitely game on a TR system: just reconfigure memory, disable unnecessary cores and go for it. Or run a rendering project in a VM while pounding out high scores in another one. It's all in how you configure it. I think it's pretty cool having that kind of flexibility with a production workstation.
that's what i thought too , EPYC is server but ThreadRipper is gaming .

So are you suggesting they use Gaming branded motherboards in architectural companies ? or for anime CGI ?
They have no idea what inside the system they bought. They buy to a specification, if smart one based on performance criteria it must meet. But most likely Dell or HP (or the like) won't use a gaming branded motherboard as that's unnecessary for the market they're addressing.