Question if GPU load hit 80% will crash game or freeze windows

swa69er

Commendable
Jan 22, 2020
Hello,
Before my computer was fine. Playing any game on earth just fine, no crash, nothing but joy for about 3 years. Until I tried to install Windows 11 but I never install just enabling Secure Boot and enabling TPM 2.0 but never install Windows 11. Then suddenly, everytime I played game with 100% GPU load, game crash. Tried benchmark, crash. Tried game with CPU intensive such Company of Heroes, it work but when hit 80% or more GPU load, it crash. I tried restore optimized setting on bios, nothing work. What is it? I'm still in Windows 10 and why is it happening to me? :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ELITE-CF
Ram: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
SSD/HDD: ADATA SX8200PNP
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 750W
Chassis:

Lutfij

Titan
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on at the time of writing? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on? Use AData's SSD toolbox to see if your SSD is pending any firmware updates. If your OS, BIOS and SSD are all updated, you can download the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers. Reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU in an elevated command and see if that alleviates the issue.

Reactions: swa69er

swa69er

Commendable
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for your response sir
  1. Windows 10 version 20H2
  2. Bios F10h, this is the latest update
  3. AData SSD Toolbox shows everything's fine and latest firmware. My OS Drive 93% remaining life, is it the problem? But Windows fine
  4. I use clean install option on NVIDIA Geforce Experience

What is DDU?

Nov 7, 2021
Hello,
Before my computer was fine. Playing any game on earth just fine, no crash, nothing but joy for about 3 years. Until I tried to install Windows 11 but I never install just enabling Secure Boot and enabling TPM 2.0 but never install Windows 11. Then suddenly, everytime I played game with 100% GPU load, game crash. Tried benchmark, crash. Tried game with CPU intensive such Company of Heroes, it work but when hit 80% or more GPU load, it crash. I tried restore optimized setting on bios, nothing work. What is it? I'm still in Windows 10 and why is it happening to me? :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ELITE-CF
Ram: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
SSD/HDD: ADATA SX8200PNP
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 750W
Chassis:

I had similar problem after enabling TPM 2.0, my games crashed after 5-10min of gameplay or when using benchmarks like Heaven or Valley.
I tried everything and last thing i tried was flashing my BIOS to new version (i have MSI b450 Gaming plus MBO), then using DDU (display driver uninstaler) to completely remove existing graphics drivers and instaling fresh ones after that.
My pc works fine after that, so try doing the same.
Hope it helps

swa69er

Commendable
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you guys for your responses, you all are the best!

I finally found my solution. Today I tried switching RAM position and changing PSU PCIE slot for GPU power cable to another empty slot, suddenly it work. Which one do you think caused the problem?