[SOLVED] if i download windows 10 iso on a flash drive and also the bios update for my b450 tomahawk will it work?

Oct 11, 2019
Hi, there guys, I just built my first pc and I'm new to all this stuff I need to do and im confused on somethings. Once I flash the bios with the iso is my mobo not going to get damaged or anything if I have two different files in my flash drive?

Solution
I found that I can buy a usb drive with a windows 10 home installed in it on amazon. Would you guys recommend I do that since im obviously not tech-savvy?
Actually, no.
It is strongly recommended to create a Win 10 install with the most recent thing from MS.
Creating one today will be Win 10 v1903.
No telling how old that USB might be.

What you're paying for is the license. The install is available from MS for free.
Just downloading Windows' ISO onto USB drive (same applies to BIOS ISO) will do notjhing, you'll need to use this ISO to create bootable USB drive to perform the task. Microsoft provides such a tool, Media Creation Tool, and it will wipe your USB clean. I suppose same applies to the app which will "burn" BIOS ISO to that USB drive.

Reactions: JQB45
Oct 11, 2019
Just downloading Windows' ISO onto USB drive (same applies to BIOS ISO) will do notjhing, you'll need to use this ISO to create bootable USB drive to perform the task. Microsoft provides such a tool, Media Creation Tool, and it will wipe your USB clean. I suppose same applies to the app which will "burn" BIOS ISO to that USB drive.
One thing at a time.
You can create the Win 10 install, and then copy the BIOS update onto the same flash drive.

Or, simply have more than one flash drive. They're cheap.
so you are saying i have to do it in that order to have both files on a flash drive to be able to use it to update my pc?

USAFRet

Titan
I found that I can buy a usb drive with a windows 10 home installed in it on amazon. Would you guys recommend I do that since im obviously not tech-savvy?
Actually, no.
It is strongly recommended to create a Win 10 install with the most recent thing from MS.

What you're paying for is the license. The install is available from MS for free.

Solution
Oct 11, 2019
Actually, no.

Understood thanks man

Oct 11, 2019
Actually, no.

i have another question about windows 10. let's say I get to that point where plug in my flash drive with the iso and then it shows windows 10 and finally asking me for the product key. Will buying the digital windows 10 give me an email with the product key?

Oct 11, 2019
It should, yes.

And you can install it now, and apply a valid license key later.
I don't know what u mean by apply the key later? Also is license key and product key the same thing? It will give me the 25 digits either way right? I just want to be .double sure before i purchase this for 100 bucks. Thanks for the replies.

Oct 11, 2019
I found out how to use bootcamp my mac rn, wasnt as hard as i thought lmfao. Rn im creating a windows 10 media onto my flash drive. Been lazy, couldve done this couple days ago :p