If I got a second graphics card that went into my second monitor, would there be any performance gain on my primary monitor?

a9ch4f

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
Currently, I have a primary monitor feeding into my MSI GTX 970, which is used for gaming. My second monitor, which is plugged into my motherboard's Display Port, which I use for temperatures, monitoring Skype calls, or looking things up mid game.
So would getting a second graphics card do anything, even if my primary monitor wasn't plugged into it?
If not, is there a way to do this?
I use two Display Port cables to get 144hz on both of my monitors.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Solution
No, the secondary monitor is on a seperate discreet graphics card on the motherboard and isn't drawing anything from the main graphics card, if you get another of the same graphics cards and connected the two through sli/crossfireX it would give you a sizable gain on your primary monitor

gibbly

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
No, the secondary monitor is on a seperate discreet graphics card on the motherboard and isn't drawing anything from the main graphics card, if you get another of the same graphics cards and connected the two through sli/crossfireX it would give you a sizable gain on your primary monitor

Solution

a9ch4f

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014

Thank you.