[SOLVED] If i have 2 boot drives can I move data from one to the other?

May 29, 2020
I just bought an SSD for my computer and I would like for the SSD to be the boot drive and have my old HDD as mass storage, the problem is that the HDD has windows installed in it and I would like to keep the things that are in it so I don't want to format it, so can I use the SSD as my boot drive, use my other drive as storage and move files from one drive to the other even tho both have windows in them?

Solution
Just make sure that you setup your SSD as main booting drive, then you can proceed to delete windows from your HDD (To free up the space) and deleting the boot patrition (if you'd like to, its not important to delete windows and boot patrition, just suggestion).

To be extra safe, just disconnect your HDD to prevent windows to install something onto it, it happened to me that it installed boot patrition on my HDD, so i had to re do everything.
"windows in nutshell"
Just make sure that you setup your SSD as main booting drive, then you can proceed to delete windows from your HDD (To free up the space) and deleting the boot patrition (if you'd like to, its not important to delete windows and boot patrition, just suggestion).

To be extra safe, just disconnect your HDD to prevent windows to install something onto it, it happened to me that it installed boot patrition on my HDD, so i had to re do everything.
"windows in nutshell"

Solution