[SOLVED] if i overclock the 4790k to 4.8 can be run assassins creed udessy on ultra ?

Solution

Yes, that's what I thought and said in demanding Ultra settings on AAA titles you have to have good GPU and with his CPU he will not have bottlenecks up to I would say to 1070 Ti or smt like that. Depends on the resolution, he can even go on GTX 1080 but on 1440p so that the GPU takes over more.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Well I don't think it will help like a lot 4.8Ghz are a lot and that CPU is strong one, in this case you CPU will perform very well on that speed I( I hope you have good cooling ) its most down to your GPU, because when GPU is not fed enough it transfers data more on CPU.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

Yes, that's what I thought and said in demanding Ultra settings on AAA titles you have to have good GPU and with his CPU he will not have bottlenecks up to I would say to 1070 Ti or smt like that. Depends on the resolution, he can even go on GTX 1080 but on 1440p so that the GPU takes over more.

Solution

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mgkelly25 : "i have rx 580 8gb msi gaming x plus so some one help me > can i play most games on ultra 1080p with i7 4790k 4.7 gh and 16 gb"

Yeah, the RX 580 is a pretty badass GPU for the price.

One thing I would recommend though, in games the difference between Ultra & High is very small. You will in most cases not really notice a difference in how the game looks but Ultra will have an addedbperformance requirement.

Lowering settings to High still makes the game look almost identical but increases your frame rates / performance