Question If I plug my external microphone into my front ports it works fine, but when I plug it into my motherboard it wont give out sound.

May 1, 2019
I've tried a lot of stuff looking around and I can't seem to solve my issue. I have plugged it into the correct pink slot and I have tried on both sides with only the non-motherboard (front) end working. What can I do? The device doesn't appear in my device manager nor does it appear on the sounds tab.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Did u install the drivers for that specific microphone?
Are you sure that your motherboard mic-in port is working? try the microphone on another computer and see if it will be detected or not.

May 1, 2019
Did u install the drivers for that specific microphone?
Are you sure that your motherboard mic-in port is working? try the microphone on another computer and see if it will be detected or not.
I don't have another computer in the house which is an issue. I can use it on the front port but it's apparently going to be of lower quality as it doesn't take directly from the motherboard.
It's a relatively cheap microphone so I can't find any drivers online either - It's the Neewer NW-800 if you're concerned