If I reset a new laptop to factory settings will there be any way to tell it had been used?

simplywalnut339

Commendable
Apr 25, 2018
I have just purchased a laptop for pc world, it's a great laptop and I'm happy with it but the only problem is I've decided I don't like the colour. I want to exchange it for a different colour but when I rang up they said I could not exchange it because I've used it already. This is very annoying, the laptop is in perfect condition, i've owned it for about a day and barely used it. Would it be possible to reset it and just claim I have never used it or would they be able to tell?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I have just purchased a laptop for pc world, it's a great laptop and I'm happy with it but the only problem is I've decided I don't like the colour. I want to exchange it for a different colour but when I rang up they said I could not exchange it because I've used it already. This is very annoying, the laptop is in perfect condition, i've owned it for about a day and barely used it. Would it be possible to reset it and just claim I have never used it or would they be able to tell?

I'm sorry to hear you bought a laptop before deciding whether or not you liked the color. As for returning it, the moment you opened the box it came in, made it a used laptop. (Provided you bought it new) The shop is under no obligation to accept it back. (unless otherwise stated on the invoice &/or the laptop was faulty and came with a warranty, either new or used)

As for asking for ways to be sneaky.. Tut..tut.. :)

What color is it? All jokes aside, why not put a "skin" on the outer cover? Look here for example. There are of course other places, but this is just an example.