If I slightly hit psu computer shutdown

dennix

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I just replace my old corsair 650W with new corsair RM1000. I now i get random unexpected shutdowns. After that pc won't power up, just fans spin up for a moment. Then I have to reset bios and unplug psu from power.

But i found where problem is. If I slightly hit on psu case, then pc instant shutdown. But i don't know why this is happing. All cables are well connected. Help please!

I also add 8gb rams. They are same as I already had, so I dont think rams are issue here.

Solution
1) I would stop using this PSU asap!
2) 00 error means the mobo or ram might also be faulty... so when you finally got PSU replacement you might doing some Memtest86 if the PC will even boot up.

If you still have that old PSU you might plug it back once again.

shiva92

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
You are using a modular power supply. I think there is some loose connection in your PSU cable. Please use the Powersupply cable in a different port in the PSU. If the problem still persists, please have your PSU RMAed.

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
By replace you mean you get a new PSU or its RMA'ed return? If second then its likely they send you some refurbished stuff which is already broken.
From what you are saying it sounds like some component in the PSU is not soldered properly or there is short-circuit somewhere.
This way or another you need either send it for repairs of get a new one ;/

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
1) I would stop using this PSU asap!
2) 00 error means the mobo or ram might also be faulty... so when you finally got PSU replacement you might doing some Memtest86 if the PC will even boot up.

If you still have that old PSU you might plug it back once again.

Solution