Question If I somehow damaged my PC components with static electricity would I only know if they were really damaged if the computer didn't turn on at all?

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
So I built my PC without an anti-static wristband around 2 years ago. About 6 months into using the PC my computer would crash after using Google Chrome for a few hours. Here's a screenshot of the kinds of error messages I would get: https://ibb.co/4SRTWWM

I would have to always restart the PC when this happens. I'm just wondering if it's possible I could have damaged the RAM when building the PC even though the PC worked perfectly for 6 months after I built it? If I genuinely damaged any of the components with static electricity wouldn't the PC just not turn on at all?

My specs are as follows:
Ryzen 3700x
16GB Ram
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
RTX 2070 Super

Last edited:
Could you please list your pc components, to include, cpu, motherboard, memory type and speed, psu, storage and any other items attached that are not your mouse and keyboard. Right now it seems like it may be your files may need updating, or your memory may have a problem along with too low virtual memory. But lets start with parts.

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Could you please list your pc components, to include, cpu, motherboard, memory type and speed, psu, storage and any other items attached that are not your mouse and keyboard. Right now it seems like it may be your files may need updating, or your memory may have a problem along with too low virtual memory. But lets start with parts.
Apologies, I forgot to include my specs.

My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 3700x
16GB Ram
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
RTX 2070 Super

Here's a screenshot of the kinds of error messages I would get: https://ibb.co/4SRTWWM
Run memtest and check your ram.

That utorrent error might be because of too much completed downloads.
Somewhere ~ 15000 completed downloads, you may start getting this error.
(depends on amount of ram in system and utorrent version)

Update chrome to latest version.

I have no idea, what TV Paint is. Can not comment on that.