[SOLVED] If I touch it with my finger, will it die?

Dec 29, 2020
I'm currently building a PC and this is my first time. The only components that I have are the case, PSU, and the motherboard, and I've connected the necessary connectors to their respective places. I installed the motherboard inside the case on the standoffs with no problem, but I accidently touched one of the metal spike things on the back of the motherboard (I had the pc on a leather ottoman and I was on carpet) and now I'm scared that I've damaged the motherboard. Will it be OK? Or have I potentially screwed my motherboard for good. (pun intended)

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Ryzen 3 3100

GTX 1650 Super

Deepcool Matrexx 50 Case

Apevia 520w Captain PSU

ASRock a520-HVD motherboard

8gb Of ddr4 3200mhz RAM

500gb Western Digital Hard drive

Sorry for the late response :)
hold up, did you just bought an apevia psu? If im not mistaken, i remember the psu brand list on pc part picker and apevia is one of the ones that should be avoided, even tho i still dont know how it actually performs. But never cheap out on a psu tho, you could've gone for a be quiet system power u9 400w

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Dec 29, 2020
hold up, did you just bought an apevia psu? If im not mistaken, i remember the psu brand list on pc part picker and apevia is one of the ones that should be avoided, even tho i still dont know how it actually performs. But never cheap out on a psu tho, you could've gone for a be quiet system power u9 400w
Yeah, I know. I was thinking about switching to something more known recently. The only reason I got that one is because that was the only one I could afford at the time.