if i updated my motherboard with a ubs, do i need to install the motherboard disk

Ryan2305

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
i just updated my motherboard ( asus z270 prime-a) using a USB. since ive done this, do i really need to use the disk that came with the motherboard to install anything? does it come with the software for the controls for the led or not? or does it have necessary features for my motherboard? so, do i need to install teh motherboard disk that came in the box

Solution
Only if there are any optional utilities on there that aren't available via the website. I'd personally recommend using the disc drivers first so you get the factory guaranteed compatible ones, then let ASUS update them online appropriately, especially chipset/ME etc, but it probably wont make any difference.
Only if there are any optional utilities on there that aren't available via the website. I'd personally recommend using the disc drivers first so you get the factory guaranteed compatible ones, then let ASUS update them online appropriately, especially chipset/ME etc, but it probably wont make any difference.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS