If I upgraded to windows 10 would I be able to install it on an ssd if my original os is on a hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinn for the win

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
So I made a bad decision to not buy an ssd because I didnt have enough money and I didnt want to wait anymore to build my first gaming pc. My dad has offered to buy me one right after I installed windows 7 on a WD Caviar black HDD. Now all my games load slow and it bugs me. I recently saw the free windows 10 upgrade and i was wondering if i would be able to do a fresh installation on an ssd so everything would load faster. Also if you think Windows ten is a bad idea in the first place please tell me why I should just stick with my rig right now... Thanks.

Solution

Nevermind I thought doing a fresh install of windows on the SSD would mean that I would have to get a new key which is like $90... But then i found out that OEM sticks to the first motherboarad and cpu it detects thank you though

Quinn for the win

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015

Nevermind I thought doing a fresh install of windows on the SSD would mean that I would have to get a new key which is like $90... But then i found out that OEM sticks to the first motherboarad and cpu it detects thank you though

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.