[SOLVED] If i want to overclock then which cooling option is better?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
  1. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black RGB
  2. NZXT Kraken X53 240mm RGB Water Cooling
I have been told option 1 is cheaper up front, which i get as i have seen the prices but i have also been told option 1 is cheaper long term; how so?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
I'd strongly suggest the Arctic. Same price, MUCH better temperatures, even better than the Noctua NH-U12s at times. But probably the U12s is truly superior due to only being one fan, more heatpipes and the Arctic one having the high quality MX4 thermal paste
Same price you say? Ok then. How much is the Nocta NH U12s?

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Much respect for hyper 212 have one in my old pc for a very long time. At time it was pretty ok. Even today its ok and price is great but there many better alternatives especially if you want OC.

From what I have heard yes the AIO is simple alternative to water cool. Have also heard they do sometimes have issues. Guess the parts they use to keep them affordable also limits them. I am on the custom closed loop water cools so its different.

Noctua seem to be the major player for good air cool. There are few others. Coolers so large in fact have to make sure they clear your ram. Thinks they even have special version just in the case you have high ram sticks.

It difficult decision I know to air or water cools. Air is a little set then forget go play game. Water is the maintenance did not want to make more work. This was difficult I got full custom loop. Happy with how it looks, how it works, building was lot of fun and it cools great. In couple months will need to do first flush which for me isn't bad its easy to drain. Refill with water and chemicals it not so bad. But it is another thing to do. AIO a little different since they are closed. Guessing mileage varies with brand.

Last edited: