[SOLVED] If I wasn’t going to overclock, which CPU would be my best performing option?

Feb 15, 2019
Out of a 9600k, 8600k, 8500, and 8400 which one would perform the best with no overclocking or enhancements?

Last edited:
Solution
noticeable if you had a counter on the screen. 10% or so roughly depending on game and settings and so on. nothing major but slightly better ipc and higher clock speed would give a few more fps for sure. i'm seeing the 8600k and 9600k as same price on partpicker. at the same price, the 9600k is a no brainer. if you don't plan to oc, then you can save a bunch with a non oc mobo as well. do keep in mind though, that the "k" cpu's don't come with a cooler, so you'll have to get something separate.
Feb 15, 2019
the 9600k would perform best but not by a lot. you get a small ipc and speed increase with the 9600k so it would win with them all at stock settings. price is bigger question. $20 more for the 9600k over 8600k is worth it. $100 more is not
Would there be a noticeable difference in games? I’d be running these with an RTX 2060.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
noticeable if you had a counter on the screen. 10% or so roughly depending on game and settings and so on. nothing major but slightly better ipc and higher clock speed would give a few more fps for sure. i'm seeing the 8600k and 9600k as same price on partpicker. at the same price, the 9600k is a no brainer. if you don't plan to oc, then you can save a bunch with a non oc mobo as well. do keep in mind though, that the "k" cpu's don't come with a cooler, so you'll have to get something separate.

Reactions: Acetones
Solution