[SOLVED] If If I get the phenom X6 1100T how much thermal paste do I use as well as what thermal paste I use can I use mx4

Joshua Alves

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
If I get the phenom X6 1100T how much thermal paste do I use as well as what thermal paste I use can I use mx4

Last edited:
Solution
Universally you can just put a pea sized drop right in the middle and let the cooler spread it, Now that method works well with smooth and flat coolers, but sometimes coolers like the hyper 212 evo its not the best practice and I typically spread it around a bit with them kind of coolers.

Yes MX4 is good stuff, on my 1100T system if I remember right, I used some automotive stuff I had for my PCM module in my truck. works just fine, its just not as easy to spread like the computer paste.
Universally you can just put a pea sized drop right in the middle and let the cooler spread it, Now that method works well with smooth and flat coolers, but sometimes coolers like the hyper 212 evo its not the best practice and I typically spread it around a bit with them kind of coolers.

Yes MX4 is good stuff, on my 1100T system if I remember right, I used some automotive stuff I had for my PCM module in my truck. works just fine, its just not as easy to spread like the computer paste.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS