[SOLVED] If Memory installed in A1 B1 Dimms computer will not post.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 26, 2020
I have 32 (16x2) in A2 and B2 (recommended installation) But if I try to add another kit in A1 / B1 no post.

Asus Prime b450M-A/CSM
32gb kit DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600 UDIM CL16Non ECC 1.2v
AMD Ryzen 5 2600

I built two computers with above components, both will not post with memory in A1 B1 Slots. I can see a bent pin, on one, but not both. I can see a bad MB on one, but not both.

I have updated bios, have checked to make sure the cooler was not installed two tight/improperly as well. Still will not post. Only thing I haven't done is reset the CMOS.

Any help would be greatly apricated

Solution
That is some strange memory speeds 1466 old boy or is that single channel?. Always one stick at a time and we'll figure out if it's around or not.

No, it's not strange at all, whatever op is using to see ram speeds is using Data rates, windows does that now, as does cpu-z and a few others. Most other programs (and bios) will read it as DDR, dual data rate, which would be 2933MHz.

Single channel or single rank has no bearing on speeds reported.
Channel is how the bandwidth is used by the memory controller insjde the cpu, dual channel doubles the bandwidth by adding both sticks together, while maintaining the voltages, timings and speeds of a single stick.
Rank is how the pcb of the ram itself organizes the chiplets. Single...

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Last edited: