[SOLVED] If my external HDD fails, is it possible to recover the data from it ?

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
Seagate offers a 3-years data recovery plan...is this worth it ? Can I extend it to 10 years ? how does this work ?

Is it possible to repair a failed drive and recover the data from it? Seagate says their recovery works perfectly for 95% of the time ....is this true ?

Solution
Seagate offers a 3-years data recovery plan...is this worth it ? Can I extend it to 10 years ? how does this work ?

Is it possible to repair a failed drive and recover the data from it? Seagate says their recovery works perfectly for 95% of the time ....is this true ?
The BEST way, and only thing close to a 'guarantee', is a personal backup plan.

Some instances of drive fail cannot be recovered. By anyone.
And loss of data may happen in many ways other than a simple physical drive fail.

Relying on data recovery plan for a backup would be a horrible choice. If they can’t recover it. Then it’sTS for you.

Make a backup of your data. If it’s really important. Make two backups with one off site. There’s all sorts of ways to backup your data. From a another HDD, a NAS or to the cloud.

USAFRet

Titan

The BEST way, and only thing close to a 'guarantee', is a personal backup plan.

Some instances of drive fail cannot be recovered. By anyone.
And loss of data may happen in many ways other than a simple physical drive fail.

Solution